Flip or Flop couple reunite for joint appearance amid split…Eonline.com
If you are going through a divorce or separation, how can you make it as amicable as possible for the sake of your children and your own sanity!
1) First off, you must choose and commit to want to be cooperative, no matter what. (without this first step, everything else will be based on your emotions and sometimes they can’t be trusted.)
2) Focus on the good of your ex. Remember back to what attracted you to them in the first place, there must some qualities you admired and trusted.
3) Talk to your kids about your ex’s good qualities. Your kids need both of you and need to feel like the adults are in control.
4) Silence your supporters. It doesn’t help when your mother complains about your ex or his father sends nasty emails. A support system needs to remain impartial and follow the same co-parenting advice: Keep all eyes on the kids and not on the nasty details of your breakup.
5) Let go of Control. So he lets them play video games more than you do or keeps them up too late on a school night. So what? Unless the kids are truly in emotional or physical jeopardy, let go of the need to control every moment of their lives. What happens at the other parent’s house, stays there – and vice versa.